Tips for parents and students
Parental helpline for home learning - StarLine
StarLine is available to parents and carers of pupils as a nationwide service. It is free, confidential advice and is available six days a week on 0330 313 9162. For more information, visit www.starline.org.uk or follow @StarLineSupport on Twitter.
They will also be broadcasting a weekly programme on YouTube. In each episode of StarLive, a guest presenter will share practical ideas for home learning. The service is intended to support parents and in the following ways…
· By providing access to a team of qualified teachers, education and parenting experts.
· By focussing on providing practical ideas, support and reassurance.
· By offering tips, techniques and resources to enable parents to give their children the support they need to continue learning while schools are closed.
· By supporting family wellbeing and mental health.
· By covering all phases of education and subjects plus behaviour, pupil wellbeing and SEND.
Please view the parents guide to school closures and also its source website below...
Guide to School Closure source website
Parent's Guide to School Closure