- What is sociology and what do sociologists do?
- What is culture and socialisation?
- What are the processes of social control?
- What role do the family, media, school, work and peer groups play in our development?
- What are the causes and consequences of inequality?
- What is poverty?
- How does racism affect people?
- How does sexism affect women?
- Why do people commit crime?
- Sex and gender: what decides our gender?
- Obedience: Would you kill someone simply because you were told to?
- Memory: Why do we forget things?
- Attachment: Why do babies form bonds with others?
- Atypical behaviour (phobias): Why do people develop phobias?
- Criminal behaviour: are people born criminals?
- Non-verbal communication: Do we need words to communicate?
- Perception: How do optical illusions work?
- Cognitive development: How do we learn?
Core political ideas:
- Democracy and participation
- Political parties
- Electoral systems
- Voting behaviour and the media
- The constitution
- Prime Minister and executive
- Relations between branches of governments
- The US Constitution
- US Congress
- US Presidency
- US Supreme Court
- Democracy and Participation
- Civil Rights